An Augusta woman who allegedly suffered a “catastrophic” injury to her brain during a home fire has died.
Marion Wright was one of the first people in the U.S. to get an emergency call in March, about a fire alarm malfunction in her Atlanta home.
Her husband was there to help, and she was taken to a nearby hospital, where she later died.
Wright had undergone surgery to remove a clot from her brain.
Her death is the latest in a spate of deaths involving fire alarms in Georgia.
In October, a Georgia man died after he died from a heart attack after receiving an emergency fire alarm call.